Saturday, July 13, 2013

Marketing & Business Coaching Services


Greetings readers, 

Over the years of being in private practice, I've developed a fair bit of knowledge and skills related to developing the business side of a private practice, as well as marketing a counseling, and consulting practice. 

As a result of my experiences, and conversations I've had with other colleagues, I've decided to begin offering coaching services to social workers, counselors and other who would like to set up a private practice business. 

There are many, many details involved in setting up a business and a practice, as well as some very unique challenges for those of us who want to work in private practice. 

I also think that for a wide range of reasons, many of us are tiring of working "in the system" and we are looking for something different in our lives. Private practice is that "something different" for some of us. I have a belief that individuals, families and groups will find many solutions in the private sector (ie. those of us in private practice) in the future as systems continue to experience contractions and changes.  

So, in the spirit of sharing my knowledge, I am going to start providing resources and information about the business and marketing side of having a private practice on this blog. You may not be considering private practice currently, but the information and resources I share will likely be beneficial in some way now, or for your future planning. 

On a final note, I want to sincerely thank my readers. This blog is a labour of love to the profession of social work. For those of us who found ourselves in this work, we know we don't choose it, so much as it chooses us. 

I truly believe the world is a much better place due to the efforts of social workers, here in BC, in Canada, and all over the globe. Thank you to all of you for the work you carry out to help individuals, families and communities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment