Ministry of Children and Family Development
Team Leader, CYSN
Under the direction of the Community Services Manager, the Child and Youth with Special Needs (CYSN) Team Leader administers child and youth with special needs services and provides direction, leadership and supervision to professional staff within CYSN services. The Team Leader has the authority, accountability and responsibility to plan, develop, manage, coordinate and evaluate the delivery of CYSN services for children, youth and families in the local community.
- BSW or BA Child and Youth Care; or M.Ed. Counselling/M.A. Clinical Psychology having completed a practicum in child and family welfare, plus 4 years experience; OR MSW plus 3 years experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience in a supervisory or management role, managing personnel and work performance.
- Experience implementing specialized Child and Youth with Special Needs programs.
- Experience leading the implementation of new policies and procedures.
- Preference may be given to applicants who have recent (within the last 3 years) Acting Team Leader experience of 6 months or more.
- Preference may be given to those with additional experience in the provision of supervision, coordination or management of a MCFD’s Child and Youth with Special Needs or directly related program.
- Preference may be given to applicants who are eligible for delegation under Section 4 of the Child Family Community Services Act.