Sunday, April 28, 2013

Training: Reducing the Impact of Compassion Fatigue Using the Satir Model - Surrey, BC June 8 and 9, 2013


Reducing the Impact of Compassion Fatigue
Using the Satir Model

conducted by Robin Beardsley, MD, CCFP,
Family Physician and BP Psychotherapist

June 8 and 9, 2013
9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Where: Phoenix Center Boardroom
13686-94A Avenue, Surrey, BC V3V 1N1

Dear Satir Transformational Systemic Therapy Students,

I am taking this opportunity of Cindi's email to share with you my excitement about this topic of Compassion Fatigue. I am very interested in this topic of wellness for caregivers, whether that be personally or professionally. My sense is that if therapists are congruent, in touch with their Life Force and work with impact rather than stories, then impacts on the therapist will be less. We are not immune, however, to compassion fatigue. I recently hit the "red zone" of Compassion Fatigue and had to make some adjustments in my life. Having the experience and the tools of what I have learned through all my Satir training, I believe, made it easier to come through this chaos.

It is my hope to share with you what I have learned and to explore together how we can be more resilient in our lives and this wonderful work that we do with clients as they transform. If you are interested in this topic, then please register early or at least before May 17, 2013. Hope to see you June 8-9, 2013 at this level 3 workshop.

Robin Beardsley
Early Bird Deadline April 26, 2013
SIP Members $200 Non-Member $225
Program Cancellation Deadline May 17, 2013
To register or for more information see the attached brochure or contact:
Cindi Mueller, Administrator, SIP 604-634-0572 or admin@satirpacific.org


No comments:

Post a Comment